|Among the items discussed at the B of D meeting on Thursday 9th May meeting.
1) Travel fund for the Western Tournament at Omaha – general agreement that the remaining money should be put into the general fund but ‘earmarked’ for future exceptional travel expenses.
2) Board notified that Alan S has been reimbursed for Pitch maintenance.
3) Bryan B waiting for CU to respond for cost of bringing utilities to the field.
4) Scoop informed the Board that he would complete the necessary paper work to reinstate Non Profit status.
5) Summer 7’s tournament still going ahead – we need response from other clubs.
6) Sam T will not be coaching U-19 – so we need another U-19 coach for next year.
7) Due to the non-appearance of SEMO – Board have recommended that we will not schedule college sides as a primary game – but encourage them to be scheduled as a 2nd side match.
8) Board recommends that we approach Greg G w.r.t. 501 C(3) status.
9) As a fund raiser we need to reinstate the banner ads to be sold by players to help offset Club Dues. Information will be distributed to players.
10) Jeremy W will be the 7’s coach - the Board approved funding one Tournament.
11) It was agreed that Founders Day has been organized and arranged by Scoop and not the club and it is therefore his decision to approve or disapprove who can attend.
12) The Board agreed that we should try and organize a Club food/drink event during the summer for players/alumni and partners – possibly at the pitch.
Next meeting – Thursday June 13th at 6.00 pm at the Brew Co.
Among the items discussed at the B of D meeting on Thursday 12th April:
1) Summer 7’s tournament – proposed for 22nd June – date to be confirmed by 20th April
2) The number of red cards shown to players during this season.
3) Charity bike ride – April 27th – start and finish at the pitch.
4) Soccer organization using the pitch most nights of the week approved.
5) Cost of hiring the field for rugby games between clubs to reduce mileage/time.
6) Fundraising banners – info to be distributed to players at next home game.
7) Complete Nutrition proposal for sponsorship – Sergio to find out more info.
8) The SRFC Constitution needs to be looked over article by article.
9) Web site needs to be updated. B of D meeting will be held on the 2nd Thursday of each month – next meeting – Thursday May 9th at 6.00pm at the Brew Co. ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________ B of D March meeting
1) The Club’s current financial report was presented.
2) Sergio and Sam presented their ideas for future fund raising and pitch development.
3) Ben T presented a draft proposal for an addition to the club constitution regarding social media and property rights.
4) A Summer 7’s tournament at the pitch was proposed and discussed – to be finalised at the next meeting in April.
5) It was agreed that Cindy & Pappy could continue their fund raising for player bags etc at the Home games during 2013.
6) It was agreed that the club needs to set priorities for raising funds for pitch development – discussion to continue.
7) A moratorium of 1 year was considered for anybody claiming the club owes them money for outstanding services – to be continued. In future anyone spending their own money for club purchases will have 30 days to present the club with their receipt.
8) The Board agreed to allow the Match Secretary (Chad P) to continue to discuss terms for the use of the pitch for the game between St Louis Ramblers and Wichita on 20th March.